Unlocking the potential of molecular diagnostics to tackle antimicrobial resistance
Mobidiag is a commercial stage, fast-growing Finnish-French biotechnology company. We specialise in the development and marketing of fast, reliable and cost-effective molecular innovative diagnostic solutions for Gastrointestinal Infections, Antimicrobial Resistance Management and Hospital Associated Infections (HAIs).
At Mobidiag, we are addressing a significant global health challenge:
- The global demand for diagnosing infectious diseases is increasing. However available diagnostic solutions do not fully meet the current needs of clinical laboratories and the health care industry.
- The alarming rise of antimicrobial resistance (AMR): by 2050, 10 million people could die each year due to the spread of multidrug resistant organisms ("superbacteria") and the lack of treatment available, which is more than the current rates for cancer and diabetes combined (1).
- Traditional diagnostic methods are generally cheap but time-consuming, labour intensive and lacking in sensitivity, while new molecular diagnostic solutions are fast and easy to use, but expensive. This obvious gap in the market is the space which Mobidiag aims to fill.
- In addition to this, infectious diseases represent a large portion of the current market given the re-emergence of infectious threats.
(1) Tackling drug-resistant infections globally: Final report and Recommendations, Review on Antimicrobial Resistance 2014-2016
The investors page aims at presenting Mobidiag achievements and performances. In addition, it will bring you further insights on our core business in the field of in vitro diagnostics. Feel free to browse through the available material.
If you have any questions, contact us and we would be more than happy to discuss Mobidiag highlights with you.